Blueprints must exist in the Cloud Broker before workload can be deployed to Cloud Provider environments. The following procedure will guide you through steps to create a simple blueprint for workload deployment.
You can see all of your existing blueprints from the Manage menu on the left hand side.
Add a Blueprint
- Navigate to the Manage menu
- Click the Add Blueprint box to add a new blueprint
3. Once you've created your first blueprint you will be able to select your desired cloud provider. Integrated cloud providers include:
- Generic – Utilises generic node types and other configuration components for creating blueprints.
- Microsoft Azure – Utilises Azure specific service components in addition to the generic components for creating blueprints.
- Amazon Web Services – Utilises AWS specific service components in addition to the generic components for creating blueprints.
4. Then click the button to create your blueprint.
5. Construct your blueprint in the Canvas
6. In the right navigation pane, enter the Name and Description for the blueprint.
7. In the left navigation pane, click the icon to expand the VM Images node type.
8. Drag and drop a VM image onto the central canvas. (see example screen below)
9. Click on the VM image and in the right navigation pane, click the Operating System dropdown list and select the desired Operating System.
10. Enter the required values (denotes with a *) for the instance.
11. (Optional) To add an additional disk, click the icon in the External Disk
- Enter the values for the additional disk.
- Add additional disk as desired.
12. Drag and drop the Static IP node type onto the compute instance in the central canvas. (see example screen below)
13. Click save to save your blueprint
Publishing your blueprint
Click the ACTION button on the composer and select the Publish option.
You will be taken to the Catalog wizard that will guide you through the steps to create a Catalog item for your blueprint.
Set up the name and environment
Grant user access
Review Summary and Publish to Catalog