Occasionally you will have a need to back up the Buttonwood Cloud Broker configuration and data for recovery purpose. Backup is recommended prior to installing the Cloud Broker update or Plugin. The backup process will create a snapshot of all broker components and data that can be restored at a later time.
To back up the Cloud Broker, complete the following.
- Use a web browser to access the Admin Console UI at https://<ip-address-of-appliance>:8443/
- At the login page, enter the login credentials (the default username is admin and the default password is woodmin). If you have set new password as instructed in the previous procedure, use the new credentials to log in.
- Navigate to Checkpoints menu.
- Under the Create Checkpoint section, click the button.
- Once the checkpoint creation is completed, a status bar will appear confirming checkpoint creation completion.
- The Existing Checkpoints section should now list a backup file that was created from the backup tasks performed in previous steps.