This procedure describes how to install the Broker virtual appliance into an on-premise VMware environment.
Before proceeding, please ensure that the Deployment Prerequisites have been reviewed and any pre-deployment requirements have been configured/obtained.
Deploying the Broker Virtual Appliance
- Connect to the vCenter Server Web Client
- Navigate to Inventories > Hosts and Clusters
- Right-click on the vCenter Server instance where the Broker appliance is to be depoyed, select Deploy OVF Template...
- On the Select source page, select Local file option, click Browse to browse and select the Broker appliance OVA file, then click Next
- On the Review details page, click Next
- On the Select name and folder page, enter/select the following, then click Next:
- Name: Virtual machine name for the Broker appliance
- Folder or Data Centre: Inventory location to place the Broker appliance
- On the Select a resource page, select the cluster, vApp, resource group, or host in which to run the Broker appliance, then click Next
- On the Select storage page, select the following, then click Next:
- Virtual disk format: Thick Provisioned Lazy Zeroes (default - recommended)
- VM Storage Policy: Storage policy, if applicable
- Storage: Datastore or datastore cluster to place the Broker appliance
- On the Select networks page, select the destination port group to place the Broker appliance, then click Next
- On the Customize template page, enter or select the following information
- Hostname: Hostname (non-FQDN) to be assigned to the Broker appliance
- IPv4Addr: IP address (IPv4) to be assigned to the Broker appliance
- IPv4Mask: Subnet mask to be assigned the Broker appliance
- IPv4NetDefaultGw: Default gateway to be assigned the Broker appliance
- IPv4NetDNSName: Fully qualified DNS name to be assigned the Broker appliance
- IPv4NetDNSServer1: Primary DNS server IP address
- IPv4NetDNSServer2: Secondary DNS server IP address
- IPv4NetNtpServer: Primary NTP server IP address
- Click Next
- On the Ready to complete page, review the deployment settings, select Power on after deployment, and then click Finish
The deployment may take several minutes to complete. Please monitor the Recent Tasks pane in the vCenter Web Client to determine the progress of the task.