This article describes the steps required to gather the information required to configure billing data access for Microsoft accounts and recording the details to use when adding accounts to Analytics for bill harvesting.
Note: Buttonwood does not modify any billing data and only reads the data provided.
There a two separate procedures, depending on whether billing data is to be harvested for a Microsoft EA account or a Microsoft Azure account.
Configuring a Microsoft EA Account
This procedure describes the steps required to record the following information for a Microsoft EA Account:
- Enrollment/Account Number
- API Access Key
- Administrative access to the Microsoft Azure EA Portal
- Log in to the Azure EA Portal
- Navigate to Manage
Record the Enrollment Number
- Navigate to Reports > Download Usage > API Access Key
Record the Primary Key
Configuring a Microsoft Azure Account
This procedure describes the steps required to record the following information for a Microsoft Azure subscription:
- Azure Directory ID
- Administrative access to the Microsoft Azure Portal
- Log in to the Azure Portal:
- Navigate to Azure Active Directory
- Select Properties
- From this blade, record the Directory ID