The Guacamole plugin enables integrated remote connectivity console access to deployed virtual machine instances. Connectivity is supported for the following protocols:
When the Guacamole plugin is enabled, the Connect management operation appears for a virtual machine instance.
The following lists the firewall ports which are required to be configured for this plugin to perform its functions.
Note: Also ensure that security groups are correctly configured to allow incoming connection requests.
|8082, 8083||TCP||Broker Consumers||
SSH access to the virtual machine console
Enabling the Plugin
- Log in to the Broker UI as an administrative user
- Navigate to Admin > Plugins
- Locate the Guacamole plugin tile - this appears under the Integrations section
- If not already enabled, click the ellipses and select Enable
- Click the Guacamole plugin tile
There are no settings for this plugin.
In this example, the Guacamole plugin will be used to connect to a Linux virtual machine instance on AWS
When viewing the instance within the deployment details, the Connect option is available.
Connectivity options are provided and include:
- Protocol: Protocol which the instance is listening on for remote console - SSH, RDP
- IP Address: The IP address to connect to - Public or Private
- Authentication Method: How to authenticate with the instance - SSH Key (stored/prompted), Username and Password (stored/prompted)
A connection to the virtual machine instance is established within a new tab in the browser.