Appliance mappings are configured within Environments to map to specific service provider virtual appliance images. During deployment of a blueprint, an appliance node is mapped to the correct image provided by the service provider.
The appliance image may be a service provider image, or a custom image which has been uploaded to the service provider.
As appliance images are unique to each region, Appliance mappings must be mapped within each service provider region that the appliance is planned to be used in.
This section describes the steps required to map virtual appliances. Refer to the article Managing Appliances for detailed steps in creating and removing Appliances.
- Administrative access to the Broker UI
- Appliances have been created
- Access to list of Service Provider image/template IDs for each region
- Log in to the Broker UI as an administrative user
- Navigate to Admin > Accounts
- Select a service provider tab where the operating system will be mapped - this example uses AWS
- Click the account name or the View button next to the account where the operating system is to be mapped
- Select the Regions tab
- Click the region name or the View button next the the region where the operating system is to be mapped
- Select the Appliance Mappings tab
- A list of created Appliances is displayed
- Click the Set or Edit button to create or modify an Appliance mapping
- On the Add Appliance Mapping screen, enter the following information:
- AMI ID: Unique ID for either an AWS provided AMI or a custom AMI
- Click Add
- The Appliance has been mapped