This article describes the steps required to configure Tag Translations.
Tag Translations allow creation of rules which normalise billing data tags across multiple providers.
Administrators create rules which match a source tag name and value, and translates them into a target tag and value, allowing consistent grouping and reporting of tagged resources.
Translations are processed for new resources identified during bill harvesting and does not retroactively apply to existing resources.
- Administrative access to the Analytics UI
- Log in to the Analytics UI as an administrative user
- Navigate to Accounts
- A list of existing accounts is displayed
- Click the View button or the account name to configure tag translation
- Select the Advanced tab
- Within the Tag Translations section, click Add
- In the Add Tag Translation screen, enter the following details:
- Source Tag: Name of the tag from the source data
- Match Type: Operator type when performing the match, which may be the following:
- Starts With
- Ends With
- Regex Pattern
- Ignore Cases: Whether the match is case sensitive
- Match Value: Value of the source tag to match against
- Target Tag: Name of the tag within Analytics, selected from configured tags
- Target Value: Value to assign the target tag
- Click Create
- The Tag Translation has been created
Note: Any number of additional tag translations can be added.