This procedure describes how to install the Broker virtual appliance into an Amazon AWS environment.
Before proceeding, please ensure that the Deployment Prerequisites have been reviewed and any pre-deployment requirements have been configured/obtained.
The following instructions are performed via the AWS Console, but can also be performed using equivalent CLI and API tools.
Obtaining the Appliance Image
The appliance image is obtained via a shared AMI. Please contact your Buttonwood representative to request the AMI, providing the following details:
Launch the Instance
- Log in to the AWS Console
- Select Services > Compute > EC2
- Ensure that the region where the instance will be launched is selected from the navigation bar
- Navigate to Images > AMIs
- From the image filter menu, select Private images
- Select the Buttonwood Automation appliance shared AMI from the list
Note: The AMI Name is BCXCloudBrokerAppliance-<version>
- Click Launch
- Proceed through the instance configuration screens to launch the instance
Note: Please refer to System Requirements for minimum and recommended specs so correctly sized resources can be allocated
The instance may take several minutes to launch. Monitor the EC2 Instances pane in the AWS Console to determine the progress of the launch.
The instance can be powered on after the launch has completed.