This guide provides the steps required to deploy the Broker into your environment.
It is recommended to review this guide prior to deployment to ensure that you are familiar with the steps involved and the requirements for the deployment.
This guide also describes how to perform a first-time configuration of the appliance once successfully deployed.
About Buttonwood Cloud Broker
Buttonwood Cloud Broker enables businesses to implement a multi-cloud strategy by seamlessly integrating private and public clouds services. Each cloud deployment made throughout the organisation will be compliant with configured policies for corporate governance, no matter where they reside.
The following articles describe the minimum and recommended system requirements, and best practices to ensure the performance and stability of the Broker appliance. Please ensure that these prerequisites are met prior to installing the appliance in the environment.
- Pre-Deployment Checklist
- Supported Platforms
- Supported Browsers
- Firewall Port Requirements
- Proxy Whitelisting Requirements
- System Requirements
Buttonwood recommends using the Buttonwood Broker Configuration Workbook to ensure all configuration information has been gathered for the deployment. This workbook should also be updated with configuration information post deployment to reflect the as-built Broker configuration.
This section provides the procedures to deploy the Broker appliance on to a supported platform, and validate the deployment.
- Install the Buttonwood Automation appliance
- Configure and validate network settings
- Verify admin access
- Configure a network proxy (if required)
- Validate network connectivity
- Run the Initial Configuration
- Configure HTTPS certificates (if required)
- Verify Broker access
- Configure external authentication (if required)
- Add users
- Verify user access
- Log in to the Broker UI using an added user account
- Create a configuration checkpoint
Refer the Broker Getting Started Guide for steps to get started with using the Broker.